[Rspec-devel] Rspec on Rails is broken in SVN

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 18:09:09 EDT 2006

On 7/22/06, Brian Takita <brian.takita at gmail.com> wrote:
> I fixed the nil.should_* methods for rspec_on_rails. The fix is in the
> rails_plugin_fix branch.

Thanks Brian.

Couple of things:

It looks like you mostly copied some sugar code into
rspec_on_rails.rb. I'm a little concerned about the duplication. Sugar
keeps changing whenever we find a case we forgot to test - now that's
going to have to happen in two places.

What do you think about just keeping the NilClass patching in
sugar.rb? At least then it's all in the same file.

Also, when I grabbed the branch and followed the directions in the
README file in rspec_on_rails, I got the following:

../../bin/test2spec --template spec/test2spec.erb --specdir
spec/models test/unit
Writing translated specs to spec/models
Creating  : spec/models/animal_spec.rb
Failed to translate     ActionController::IntegrationTest

Done

So there still seems to be a translation problem. I won't have a
chance to look at this for probably a week, so if anyone else has
time, please check it out.

Thanks,