[Rspec-devel] Rspec on Rails is broken in SVN

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 13:48:43 EDT 2006

On 7/22/06, Brian Takita <brian.takita at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Can we have a little "burn-in" period? Before we move it into trunk, I
> > think the rest of us should use it for a few days to make sure it's
> > working as we expect.
>

> That makes sense. I was unsure because the trunk is broken. If the trunk is
> broken, are we going to allow other checkins, or should the build be fixed
> first?

I think it's ok to work on trunk despite that rails is broken. That's
why I added the temporary rake task pre_checkin_without_rails

> There are also a couple of failing tests.
> The rcov test and the spec "should have no name (this fails because of a
> conflict with sugar's use of method_missing)" in person_spec.rb fails. Until
> we can fix them, should we let them fail or comment them out?

I'd say we comment it out and log a separate bug (I may have done that already)

> > I'll try it out later today. I have many rails specs, so I should be
> > able to give it a good spin.
>

> Sounds great.
> Is there an open source rails project out there that uses rspec?  That
> project can be a good baseline to test changes.

I have a closed source one. I have already tried your stuff, and it's
working great in our local testapp.

However, I have found some problems regarding the packaging of the
generator gem and how things (don't) work when installed over a
different project. I'm looking into that, but will probably not have
anything to commit in a couple of days (busy).

I think we should rethink how we package the generator gem. I think we
should generate a plugin with all the secondhand generators underneath
it. More on this later.

Aslak