[Rspec-devel] Rspec on Rails is broken in SVN

Steven R. Baker srbaker at pobox.com
Fri Jul 21 13:14:10 EDT 2006

>> The solution is in the works.  At this point, I'm fighting the
>> ceiling of my own understanding of method call order in Ruby.  I'm
>> sure this is a simple solution for folks with more metaprogramming-
>> fu.
> How long do you feel it's acceptable to wait for this to be fixed?
> Can we set a deadline? Like one month from now or else it's gone?

Now that I have my powerbook and am spending more time on this stuff,
that's probably reasonable.  I've solicited some assistance from
folks that have better MetaRuby-fu than I do.  I have a personal
deadline of approximately 15 September for this, since I have a few
things coming up in late September and early October that depend on it.

> Has anyone had problems with underscores other than in a rails
> environment?

It basically breaks anywhere method_missing is overridden by a base
class.  Namely, ActiveRecord::Base.  I'm not aware of any other
publicly available software that abuses method_missing quite as
wonderfully as we do. ;)