[Rspec-devel] commit protocol

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:06:17 EDT 2006

Allrighty folks

Before you commit (or submit a patch if you are not part of the team),
here is the protocol:

rake pre_commit

This will run all the important stuff, including examples,
failing_examples, build the website locally, translate all our tests
with test2spec and run them, and finally run the rspec_on_rails'
pre_commit rake task (which sanity checks rspec's rails support).

If you see "OK TO COMMIT" it's ok to commit. If not, fix what you broke.

Since rspec on rails is currently broken (because we didn't have a
protocol like this in place) I have added an additional rake task -
pre_commit_without rails. We'll use this until our rails stuff is
working again, at which point we will delete the task.

Aslak