[Rspec-devel] What is a context?

Brian Takita brian.takita at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 03:42:14 EDT 2006

Hello,

I was working adding the inherit and include methods into the documentation,
when I noticed that there is nothing about contexts or specifications in the
Core Api page. http://rspec.rubyforge.org/documentation/index.html

I'm thinking of adding documentation about contexts and specifications,
however I'm not sure how to define a context.

>From the Stack tutorial, I noticed that a context is used to describet the
state of the stack. Are context's meant to be limited to describing the
state of the object? Should a context be used to describe a use case?

What are the best practices?

Thanks,
Brian