[Rspec-devel] BDD Question - wheres the BDD help forums?

First Name Last Name kognition at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 03:18:03 EDT 2006

On 7/13/06, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/06, First Name Last Name <kognition at gmail.com> wrote:
> > David the link is well received, thanks.  I have looked at the Presenter
> > First pattern before, and its ok but I prefer state based testing over
> > mocking
> That's pretty much the opposite of what I view as the BDD mindset.
> BDD is about specifying, not testing. Mocks allow you to specify the
> observable behaviour of an object.
> In fairness, I've not used Presenter First, I've only read about it -
> but from what I can tell, it's a great solution for approaching the
> MVP pattern with BDD.
> That's my 2 cents. Just one opinion though. Looking forward to others.

Thanks for your comments.  This could be why I am struggling a little with
BDD - my TDD has slanted towards state-based design, using Mocks ONLY if I
REALLY need to.  At the same time, though I am new to BDD, I dont see why
not mocking circumvents the ability to specify something - I need to think
about that some more.

Thanks David,