[Rspec-devel] BDD Question - wheres the BDD help forums?

First Name Last Name kognition at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:41:18 EDT 2006

On 7/13/06, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/13/06, First Name Last Name <kognition at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > My question relates to MVP and how to drive it.
>
> You should check out Presenter First from Atomic Objects:
> http://atomicobject.com/presenterfirst.page. They're talking about
> TDD, but the approach is pretty awesome and provides a good solution
> to your question.
>
> The basic idea is that you have interfaces for the Model and the View,
> and you construct your Presenter with references to each, so you can
> mock the Model and the View and limit the Presenter to doing what it's
> supposed to do: sling event messages around from one to the other.

David the link is well received, thanks.  I have looked at the Presenter
First pattern before, and its ok but I prefer state based testing over
mocking, and I also like the ability to have the views subscribe to the
model - using TDD I have so far not had a problem in testing the parts.

I now understand my question is not so much MVP related, but is more BDD
related.  Given there is no formal group to discuss BDD, could anybody offer
some names of open source projects I may be able to look at that apply BDD?
I notice lots of people are using it, and I am new to the concepts and would
benefit from seeing how others are applying it.  Your example and tutorial
is really good and has helped me a lot, but now I am getting into more
complicated scenarios I want to make sure I am still on track with the
concepts.