[Rspec-devel] BDD Question - wheres the BDD help forums?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 09:46:44 EDT 2006

On 7/13/06, First Name Last Name <kognition at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a specific question relating to BDD, not RSpec specifically - I have
> spent a good hour trying to find a list and cannot find any - please forgive
> me.

There is currently no BDD list that I am aware of. You could try the
TDD list (testdrivendevelopment at yahoogroups.com) - there are plenty of
BDD folk listening there.

> My question relates to MVP and how to drive it.

You should check out Presenter First from Atomic Objects:
http://atomicobject.com/presenterfirst.page. They're talking about
TDD, but the approach is pretty awesome and provides a good solution
to your question.

The basic idea is that you have interfaces for the Model and the View,
and you construct your Presenter with references to each, so you can
mock the Model and the View and limit the Presenter to doing what it's
supposed to do: sling event messages around from one to the other.