[Rspec-devel] Rspec/Test::Unit Integration

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 09:27:27 EDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Brian Takita <brian.takita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are tests and specs mutually exclusive?

Apparently not.

> If not, when would one want to use specs vs using tests and vice versa?

I think mixing them is confusing. Ideally, I want to move towards all
specs, all the time. But if comingling tests and specs gets me there
gradually, that's fine w/ me as a temporary measure. For example,
right now the rails plugin doesn't do everything I want it to do, so
I'm using test/unit but mixing in rspec expectation syntax. It's a