[Rspec-devel] TextMate command for RSpec on Rails

Brian Hughes brianvh at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Mon Jul 3 19:57:32 EDT 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 07:40 PM, aslak hellesoy wrote:
> I'm a TextMate user, but I have to admit I'm not yet too familiar with
> bundles. I have a couple of questions and suggestions:
>
> 1) How do I install the bundle? Where do I put the file?

The file goes into your ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/
Bundles folder.

> 2) Would it be possible to decouple it from rake? I'd like to be able
> to run all specs in a directory (spec dir) or the currently focused
> context or spec.

That should be possible. TextMate doesn't specifically know anything
about Rake, so that's simply a choice made in the current script.

> 3) Would it be possible to decouple it from rails? From what I read it
> seems it's somewhat rails-dependent.

This could be a bit harder, depending on how the language side of the
bundle has been configured. But it's also possible to base the
language off the Ruby bundle, rather than the Rails bundle.

> I think it's a good idea to host it on snipplr.com for now. We can
> always put it in svn when it matures.

Hmm... I've never been to snipplr.com. I'll have to check them out...

-Brian