[Rspec-devel] Mock API - should_not_receive

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 06:54:31 EDT 2006

On 8/30/06, DeeJay <smartgpx at gmail.com> wrote:
>   For today you can still use
> should_receive(:msg).with("unwanted
>   text").never, but that will be removed in version 0.7 or 0.8.
> Ah! It's too late to worry about it now, but although this is in the Rdoc
> (which
> I *should* have checked...), .never isn't mentioned on the website
> documentation
> at  http://rspec.rubyforge.org/documentation/mocks.html

Yeah - I pulled that from the docs when we added should_not_receive.
In the future, I'll add a deprecation message rather than pulling from
the docs.

>   Please submit a feature request for this. We can add this before we
>   remove the "never" syntax.
>
> Will do. Thanks.

I already added the feature request, committed code and closed the
request. Go ahead and check out the trunk if you want to use it right
away.

Cheers,