[Rspec-devel] Rake Task - not for Windows ?

DeeJay smartgpx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:26:44 EDT 2006

OK - getting there. 3 quick things:

1] Changing line 97 of spectask.rb to refer to rcov.cmd does the trick.
(That's the name of the
stub or helper that gets planted in ruby/bin )

2] Possibly you would expect - but I didn't - that specifying an attribute
of rcov = true is
incompatible with specifying a value for spec_opts = .  (I think the
argument gets passed
to rcov, which does not know how to interpret it.)

3] A suggestion. If you make the default value of the name attribute of the
task equal to ":default"
(in lines 70 and 90 of spectask.rb ) then it is possible to write a
'simplest rakefile' using
 Spec::Rake::SpecTask.new  do |t| ... end   [ie. with no argument to new]
which can then be executed by just saying
 > rake [ Return ]

David/DeeJay