[Rspec-devel] [Rspec-users] [ANN] RSpec 0.6.0

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 17:04:41 EDT 2006

I haven't looked at the recent changes, so bear with me...

On 8/9/06, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> This release represents a formal commitment to underscores (dots are
> no longer supported),

What exactly do we mean by "supported"? Dots still seem to work ok.
Can you give an example of when thet will not work?

> which allowed us to reduce the code base by
> nearly 10%.

That's awesome! What code got sliced?

I see sugar is still in there, so I assume underscored syntax is just
delegating to the dotted one. If that's so, doesn't that mean that
using dots is just as good as using underscores (in case anyone is
masochistic enough to do it - I'm all for underscores)?

> http://rubyforge.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=6377
> http://rspec.rubyforge.org/
> To be clear, if you have dots in your examples, they may break. The

Ho ho ho - David is playing with a new word - "examples" :-)
Is it about time to announce that the T word is now verboten on this list?

Which brings up another point of discussion. What's the best word to
use instead of the T word? (See separate mail)