[rjb-users] can't create Java VM

Danny Armstrong detarmstrong at visiontree.com
Mon Nov 19 13:59:29 EST 2007

@Nick
I assume you looked through the old posts on this list but I'll paste
this here just in case. It is in response to a similar problem you are
describing where rjb fails in Rails but works in console.

        Oct 22:
        I had a similar problem awhile back.  I remember I diagnosed the
        problem and found it wouldn't work for some reason or another.
        I just
        can't remember why.  I need Google for my brain.

        Anyways, I fixed it by adding a shell script that exported those
        variables and called mongrel.  I also edited the mongrel_cluster
        init.d file to do the same.  I blogged about it, scroll down to
        the
        "Caveats" part.

        http://www.peabrane.com/2007/3/5/pdf-templates-via-rails

        Hope that helps.