looking for textile reference in textile source for benchmarking

Stephen Bannasch stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org
Wed Apr 8 13:15:01 EDT 2009

Jason,

Do you have any of the longer textile reference documents online in
textile source format.

I wanted to try benchmarking redcloth on them and comparing it to
what Maurico found benchmarking bluecloth.

see:
http://eigenclass.org/R2/writings/fast-extensible-simplified-markdown-in-ocaml

The markdown syntax document he is benchmarking is about 11k.

You can see my results duplicating the bluecloth results here:

   http://gist.github.com/gists/91477

and in a graph:

   http://img.skitch.com/20090408-fp1sxu3fu7dm4296kqrmskgaqt.png

I was curious how fast redcloth would be at a comparable task and
whether redcloth would also show non-linear processing times as the
input document got larger.