Line break bug?

Gaspard Bucher gaspard at teti.ch
Fri Apr 11 08:06:39 EDT 2008

I totally agree. I fixed it in my own projects by doing a gsub on the
final result.

For me (and all my clients), it's clear that when they write

my name
45, funny stree
12345 MyPlace

They *want* the breaks.

The absence of the <br/> is an "inverse" fix. Some form entries used
to automatically wrap lines by adding "\n" (as in most web emails).
The inverse fix made text entries tolerant to this "bug".

Normal behaviour should definitely be to insert the <br/> tag. When
some input comes malformed, it should be unwrapped before parsing.
This would really make sense.

So, please add the <br/>.

Gaspard