Test cleanup: code.yml
jg at jasongarber.com
Fri Aug 24 12:49:24 EDT 2007
I'm going to be working one YAML file at a time and posting my
comments to the list. No substitute for reading the diffs and yml
files yourself, but it helps to have a summary. I want to be very
open about the changes.
* Escaping needs to be different within code tags (or @ or bc.)
* Removed triple backticks as a code signature
* Switched tests that used <pre class="code> to bc.
* Removed Markdown-style indented code
* Added Textile2 double-equals block ignore
* Removed the forced observance of inline signatures within code:
here is some *starred* code but I want some redcloth*bold*redcloth code.
* Leaving in HTML becoming <span class="caps">HTML</span>. I don't
see how it's useful, but Textile2 does it. SRC doesn't yet.
* Added a test to ensure hard breaks aren't inserted between HTML
elements (like LIs or <pre>\n<code>)
Remaining differences from Textile2:
* Textile2 doesn't seem to like multiple ==ignores== on one line
* Textile2 uses numerical entities. I prefer SRC's already-working
* Textile2 doesn't observe hard breaks inside HTML elements (see:
"and it will not put a <br /> between them")
* If something is wrapped in <notextile> tags, Textile2 still puts it
in a paragraph
You can see how actual SRC output measures up to expected output with
and see how the expected output measures up to Textile 2.0.0's output
My AIM name is JasonGarberEMU if you want to chat.
More information about the Redcloth-upwards