[Rbrainz-users] Problems building mb-discid with libdiscid installed through Homebrew

Matt Patterson matt at reprocessed.org
Fri Jul 1 14:35:44 EDT 2011

Hey guys,

The extconf.rb in mb-discid doesn't find libdiscid (on Mac OS X) without extra command-line args if you've installed libdiscid in somewhere like /usr/local/, for example through the Homebrew packaging system (or in /opt/local/ through Macports).

This is a big problem if you're using Bundler to manage gems for a project.

I've forked mb-discid and fixed it by making extconf.rb more aware of common library locations (rather, I reused some of the code from Nokogiri's extconf.rb). I opened http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=29303&group_id=3677&atid=14225 on the tracker (and attached a patch to that).

Matt

--
  Matt Patterson | Design & Code
  <matt at reprocessed org> | http://www.reprocessed.org/