[Rbrainz-users] Limiting Connections to the MusicBrainz Web Service

Nigel Graham nigel at maven-group.org
Tue Oct 21 16:13:49 EDT 2008

Hej,

I'ts some while since i helped with rbrainz but to the best of my
knowledge the answer to your question is; no.

Let me elaborate on why I don't think this feature should be the
responsibility of rbrainz.
rbrainz is a Ruby implementation of the API for talking to musicbrainz
servers, any musicbrainz server.
The one second per request is a policy of the primary server but
rbrainz is not limited to talking to this server (you could setup your
own mirror server that doesn't have this policy).
And in my opinion that policy should be enforced by the application
developer (thats you) since how you choose to enforce the policy
depend a great deal on the application you are working on. A GUI
application might show a popup message, a server might choose to
simply delay the request and a third might raise an error.

I hope this explains at least my position on the matter.

Mfg.
Nigel