[Rbrainz-users] MB Metadata Schema 1.2

Philipp Wolfer phw at rubyforge.org
Tue Jul 10 08:28:44 EDT 2007

2007/7/10, Nigel Graham <nigel at maven-group.org>:
> I just looked at the new schema. It seems that user-list is not part of
> that schema or rather it is belongs under the extension part of the
> schema which is basicly a match everything.

Just some ideas I had about extensions when I started to write
RBrainz. Perhaps doesn't really apply to user.

The extensions are one of the best features of the MB XML
specification. Since there can be arbitrary extensions RBrainz itself
should be easily extensible. Ruby should make it easy since it allows
the modification of already defined classes. So my idea was to put
extensions into separate file(s) and allow the user to load just the
extensions he needs.

Philipp Wolfer