[Rbrainz-users] Fwd: REXML::ParseException: Declarations can only occur in the doctype declaration. (MusicBrainz::Webservice::ResponseError)

Philipp Wolfer phw at rubyforge.org
Sat Aug 18 04:38:05 EDT 2007

2007/8/18, Armin Otto <arminotto at googlemail.com>:
> by the way: Even though I have a rescue block, in case the mentionen error
> occurs, the program terminates.
> no rescueing possible. how come ?

I actually don't know, but I often noticed that in Ruby one has to
catch an exception (in this case
MusicBrainz::Webservice::ResponseError) explicitly in order for it to
work. You can as well just write "rescue Exception", but rescue
without any type won't work.

If somebody knows why exceptions behave that way, please let me know.

--
Philipp Wolfer

--
Philipp Wolfer