[Rbrainz-users] REXML::ParseException: Declarations can only occur in the doctype declaration. (MusicBrainz::Webservice::ResponseError)

Philipp Wolfer phw at rubyforge.org
Fri Aug 17 08:45:52 EDT 2007

Interesting. I tried to query the MusicBrainz service directly for
"Christina Stürmer" with the URL below. MusicBrainz returns a broken
XML document with some Apache error page included (which explains the
parser error).

Trying the same search with "Christina Stärmer" works:

Searching just for "ä" doesn't work, however:

This does not seem to be an error in RBrainz but a problem with the
MusicBrainz server itself. I have opened a bug report for the
MusicBrainz web service: http://bugs.musicbrainz.org/ticket/3100

Philipp Wolfer