[Rake-devel] Rake 0.9.3.beta.2 with -j option

Hongli Lai hongli at phusion.nl
Mon Oct 22 20:04:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Vassilis Rizopoulos <
vassilisrizopoulos at gmail.com> wrote:

> That could be an option for the 10.x series.
> rake is so central to the ruby ecosystem that I don't mind a certain
> conservative approach to new features.

Conservative is one thing, but drake was written 2 years ago. There has
been no response every time someone asks why drake was not merged.

Furthermore, this -j behavior is so different from GNU make and other build
tools that it raises the wrong expectations from users. It should not be
called -j. Reserve -j for when drake is eventually (if ever) merged.

--
Phusion | Ruby & Rails deployment, scaling and tuning solutions

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: info at phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)