[Rake-devel] Rake 0.9.3.beta.2 with -j option

Jos Backus jos at catnook.com
Mon Oct 22 19:38:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Jim Weirich <jim.weirich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've merge Michael Bishop's "-j"/thread pool pull request into the master
> branch and intend to include it in the next release.  I've push the current
> code base out as Rake 0.9.3.beta.2, so feel free to download it and give it
> a try.

I was hoping that multitask would be deprecated in favor of task, and that
we could use `-jN' to specify the concurrent set of tasks to be operated
on, as with GNU and other make versions. I believe this is what drake does.
Any reason you didn't merge the drake code, which looks like the more
general solution?

At any rate, thanks for working on Rake!

Cheers,
Jos
--
Jos Backus