[Rake-devel] Current Rake Plans (i.e. When will you release Rake 1.0?)

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:15:33 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently working through the issue/pull requests lists for rake and would like to resolve all the outstanding ones there as possible, then make a 0.9.3 release of rake.

Once 0.9.3 is out, I would like to (pretty much immediately) bump the version to 10.0 and remove the crufty deprecated features.  New development would continue on the 10.x versions and 0.9.x would be dead except for critical bug fixes.

Folks that have not as of yet given on the DSL name space and what not will be able to stay on 0.9.3, but will have to upgrade to get new features as they come along.

-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com