[Rake-devel] Announcement: Alternate -j implementation

Mark Watson watsonmw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:03:21 UTC 2012

> To be honest, I prefer the drake semantics as they are closer to make's.

Second that. The option to specify parallel builds for any task is
handy because the task may not derive from multitask, e.g. it could be
a file task to build a c library from multiple source files that you
want to build in parallel.

Personally I've used my own patch to rake to do this, that was before
drake, but I still use it due to drake having an extra dependency.

https://github.com/watsonmw/rakecpp/blob/master/minusj/minusj.rb