[Rake-devel] Deprecating Import ???

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 06:55:24 EDT 2011

On Mar 14, 2011, at 3:34 AM, James M. Lawrence wrote:

> Are you sure you wish to deprecate 'import'? It seems a gray area due
> to the reasons I gave. I assume googlers will find this thread after
> being flooded with 'import' warnings :)

Ok, fair question.  I'll put it to the mailing list:  Deprecate import or not.

I see several options:

(A) Leave import as is and let JRuby worry about the conflict.
(B) Deprecate import (favoring Rake.import), eventually ceding the import statement to JRuby (this is in the current beta direction)
(C) Make A vs B a command line option (but which way to default?)

Weight in people.

-- jim.weirich at gmail.com