[Rake-devel] Environment changes in the beta

James M. Lawrence quixoticsycophant at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 03:34:35 EDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Jim Weirich <jim.weirich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2011, at 1:48 AM, James M. Lawrence wrote:
>> My suggestion was a bit more drastic, though: it implicitly called for
>> the annihilation of environment.rb.
> Yes, environment is on the chopping block [...]

OK, as in my email about the magic comment I should have just asked
before writing so much.

Are you sure you wish to deprecate 'import'? It seems a gray area due
to the reasons I gave. I assume googlers will find this thread after
being flooded with 'import' warnings :)

Incidentally I didn't mention the nailgun option for jruby. Even
conceding the statup time issue, the case for deprecating 'import' is
still unclear to me.