[Rake-devel] Adding usage data gathering functionality to rake

Vassilis Rizopoulos vassilisrizopoulos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:15:48 EST 2011

I've posted this in the github issue tracker
(https://github.com/jimweirich/rake/issues/#issue/21).
Here's hoping this list s still active, since I was only able to find
archives till June last year.

I'm experimenting with gathering usage data from rakefiles.
Primarily I would like to know which task was called, its dependency
chain and the time execution took (ideally total time and time per task).

I thought that if rake provided this out of the box it would be extra
convenient (using a profiler I have to aggregate method calls, time only
works on *x platforms etc.) and would provide the right level of
granularity.

I've done a quick proof of concept (it's linked in the comments of the
issue).
Any thoughts?
V.-

--