[Rake-devel] Task for nested instance of Rake

Torsten at Robitzki.de Torsten at Robitzki.de
Wed Feb 23 05:46:33 EST 2011

Am 23.02.2011 um 10:52 schrieb Jesper Tholstrup Pedersen (JUP):

> Now initially what goes wrong is that the task :default contains 2
> prerequisites after the Sub1\Rakefile.rb is loaded. The result is that
> invoking the :default task of the master also invokes the :default task
> of the sub.

I would expect this to happen, as the sub project is usually a part of the master project. Or you just want to have a different default task, depending on the file that was invoked? If so, what comes to mine mind is to use some kind of flag used to conditional add the sub tasks to the default task.

Or maybe there is a way to extract the namespace, so that sub projects would add there dependencies only to the default task, if they are in the global namespace.

> Was this what you had in mind Torsten

Yes, something like this. I wouldn't have added the subprojects in a task, but simply unconditional, while loading the rakefile.

best regards
Torsten