[Rake-devel] Rake 0.8.7 broken on Windows

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed May 26 17:15:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Hartin, Brian <Brian.Hartin at pearson.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In Rake::AltSystem#repair_command, you're now appending "call " to the
> beginning of the command.  This has the effect of losing the working
> directory.  For example, running 'rake test' from the root directory of
> a project will fail to find its unit tests.  It also causes a lot of gem
> installation failures, as 'gem install' often seems to run rake from the
> installed gem directory to complete the installation, and fails to find
> necessary files.

Can you give a concrete example? GitHub repo that can be cloned and see this?

I've been using Rake 0.8.7 with 1.8.6, 1.8.7 without issues. 1.9.1 has
fixed the system invocations and works to for gem installation and
everything.

Please provide us more information so we can help determine the real
root of the issue.

Call preserves the parent process path:

C:\Users\Luis>cd && cd Desktop && cd && call cmd.exe /c cd && cd .. && cd
C:\Users\Luis
C:\Users\Luis\Desktop
C:\Users\Luis\Desktop
C:\Users\Luis