[Rake-devel] Comments about parallel building

Heath Kehoe hkehoe at budcat.com
Thu May 20 11:42:34 EDT 2010

On 5/19/2010 1:00 PM, Heath Kehoe wrote:
> So we're sticking with ruby 1.8 for now. As I said, perhaps drake's
> approach will be better for 1.9, I'll try that out sometime.
> -heath

I tried drake, and it is promising, since its compute tree model is much
more efficient than the MultiTask model I was using, especially in null
builds (no creating/joining of thousands of threads).

However, it has a bug that prevents me from deploying it in our project;
that bug is it sometimes fails to execute tasks during parallel builds.
I created a simple test case and filed a bug on the drake rubyforge tracker.