[Rake-devel] [feature request] Pull in DSL with require 'rake/dsl'

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:25:50 EST 2010

On Jan 11, 2010, at 5:42 PM, James M. Lawrence wrote:

> With the new DSL separation, two lines are needed to get the top-level
> DSL inside a regular ruby program,
>
>  require 'rake'
>  include Rake::DSL
>
> I suggest making this equivalent to
>
>  require 'rake/dsl'
>
> This would not affect the present behavior of require 'rake'.

I have no issue with the basics of this request.  We would have to
move the guts of the DSL module to a different file (since rake itself
requires 'rake/dsl', this would put the DSL commands back at top level).

> P.S. I was accepted to the Rake group on pivotal but I didn't see how
> to create a feature request (or to do anything other than export CSV).

By default, I add all tracker requests as viewers.  The other choice,
"member", allows complete editing of all the story details.  I would
really like a "request new feature/report bug" role, but pivotal
doesn't seem to support that.

-- jim.weirich at gmail.com