[Rake-devel] Rake DSL Commands are no long in top level

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:22:08 EDT 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Bennett, Patrick wrote:

> I’d rather they didn’t have a description at all.
> # some rather long comment about this involved set of task creation
> code
> xxxxx.each { |y| task ….}

Actually, this /could/ be a problem with regular, non-generated rake
files, where code comments inadvertently get attached to tasks.

In order for the Ruby comment to become a task comment, it must
immediately precede the task definition with no intervening code or
blank lines.  So I feel the problem is minimal.  If this turns out to
not be the case, please feedback to this list.

Actually, I suspect the removal of task, file, import, etc. from the
top level scope to be a much bigger problem.  (and no one seems to be
discussing that :)

-- jim.weirich at gmail.com