[Rake-devel] Rake DSL Commands are no long in top level

Dave Thomas dave at pragprog.com
Thu Jun 4 19:51:56 EDT 2009

> As far as trying it…  How about doing a test with 300 different rakefiles,
> and 30,000 tasks or so.  What’s the timing on it w/o this patch, and what is
> it with?

I'll be interested to see. (Not trying to be awkward--you have that
environment, while I do not).

I'm not particularly attached to the patch it was done while sitting next to
Jim at SoR. At the same time, I much prefer it to +desc+ in the general
case, simply from a readability POV.

And I'm happy to concede that, if in the general case, it harms performance,
it should probably go.

But perhaps some real numbers, rather than some genuine concerns, would give
us the data to go on.