[Rake-devel] Rake DSL Commands are no long in top level

Bennett, Patrick Patrick.Bennett at inin.com
Thu Jun 4 17:38:20 EDT 2009

I think the 'ruby comments as rake task comments' patch is a really bad idea.
I really don't like the idea of the task methods going back and reading the rakefile *every* time a task is defined to see if a comment line proceeds the task.
For complex rakefiles or for code that dynamically creates tasks (ie: for dependency trees) this seems like a real performance killer for little more than a 'cute' feature IMO.

Patrick