[Rake-devel] Status of

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:00:40 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Jim Weirich <jim.weirich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2009, at 12:05 AM, Luis Lavena wrote:
>> Hello Jim,
>> I'm happy to report that couldn't find any blockers/bugs with latest
>> gem from GitHub.
>> However, I'm worried about two things that is blocking myself in my
>> work with One-Click installer.
>> #40 : Task parameters and default values ignored
>> http://onestepback.org/redmine/issues/show/40
>> I was relying on taskname[version] to allow building of different
>> version of packages, but seems since the task argument is named
>> "version" in both cases, it always overrides it.
> This is by design.
> Since there is no way to explicitly pass task parameters to prerequisites,
> the only way to propagate task parameters is on a name matching basis.

Ok, that's explain the reason, and that render my option useless :-P

I thought that #with_defaults helped and in case you wanted something
different, you could ask for it:

rake gcc[4.4.0] ruby[1.9.1]

Where ruby depends on gcc, and forcing the version on gcc changed the
default one.

> I would be open to suggestions on better ways to handle this.

Anyhow, due this I worked on alternatives ;-)

>> Also, the lack of print of command being executed, as reported by Hongli
>> Lai:
>> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rake-devel/2008-October/000607.html
> I wasn't sure at first, but I think I agree that this is a bug.  A patch and
> unit test would be welcome.

Hongli Lai? can you provide a patch for this? (hands full for the rest
of the week, sorry).

Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry