[Rake-devel] Status of

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 01:17:19 EST 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 12:05 AM, Luis Lavena wrote:

> Hello Jim,
> I'm happy to report that couldn't find any blockers/bugs with latest
> gem from GitHub.
> However, I'm worried about two things that is blocking myself in my
> work with One-Click installer.
> #40 : Task parameters and default values ignored
> http://onestepback.org/redmine/issues/show/40
> I was relying on taskname[version] to allow building of different
> version of packages, but seems since the task argument is named
> "version" in both cases, it always overrides it.

This is by design.

Since there is no way to explicitly pass task parameters to
prerequisites, the only way to propagate task parameters is on a name
matching basis.

I would be open to suggestions on better ways to handle this.

> Also, the lack of print of command being executed, as reported by
> Hongli Lai:
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rake-devel/2008-October/000607.html

I wasn't sure at first, but I think I agree that this is a bug.  A
patch and unit test would be welcome.

-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com