[Rake-devel] Rake 0.8.5 (preview) on Windows

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 12:57:29 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM, James M. Lawrence
<quixoticsycophant at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just made two changes to the system() spec:
>  * 1.9 will return nil instead of false for execution failure
>  * Magical cmd.exe builtins per ruby-core:21661
>
> http://github.com/quix/alt_system/tree/master
>
> I tried the latest from ruby-lang.org
>
> ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/binaries/mswin32/ruby-1.9.1-p0-i386-mswin32.zip
>
> It has 187 failures (mine is "alt", ruby's is "kernel")
>
> http://drake.rubyforge.org/tmp/spec-output-1.9-r21907-mswin32/system_spec_alt.html
> http://drake.rubyforge.org/tmp/spec-output-1.9-r21907-mswin32/system_spec_kernel.html
>
> I am currently unable to build a mingw version of 1.9 using my usual
> method of bootstrapping from cygwin.  Luis, would you run this spec on
> the latest?  When you confirm I'll post to ruby-core again.

Going to check it in a bit. 1.9.1 or 1.9.2? (trunk)

Right now you can get rubyinstaller packages:

http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads

And also bootstrap your own using rubyinstaller repository:

http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17