[Rake-devel] An official pull request for auto-parallelizing with -j.

James M. Lawrence quixoticsycophant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 00:46:08 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:29 AM, Hongli Lai <hongli at phusion.nl> wrote:
> I'm not sure whether this is a problem in your Rake fork or in my
> Rakefile. It would be nice if there's a way to output the parallelized
> dependency tree so that I can see whether I did something wrong.

I wrote this a while ago (needs ruby-graphviz gem) --
http://github.com/quix/quix/blob/8644f4e763bfbdc3d14a451bc5651dd7e107d5bf/rakelib/depgraph.rake

% rake 'depgraph[some_task_to_graph]'

I guess your dependency graph is linear-ish.  I would of course be
very interested if you could find a specific example which shows a
problem with -j.

James M. Lawrence