[Rake-devel] win32_system_dir

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:46:51 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Dominic Sisneros <dsisnero at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I defined a HOME env variable under my user dir.  I would like this the
> Win32.win32_system_dir to use this ENV var if defined.
>

> def test_win32_system_dir_uses_env_HOME_if_defined
>     in_environment('HOME' => 'C:/home') do
>       assert_equal "C:/home", Win32.win32_system_dir
>     end
>   end

The problem is that current Rake is giving the following order:

APPDATA
HOMEDRIVE + HOMEPATH
USERPROFILE

>From my point of view and experience, to it should try:

HOME
HOMEDRIVE + HOMEPATH
APPDATA
USERPROFILE

Giving less priority to APPDATA will make users with mounted networked
drives assigned as home keep their settings outside the terminal they
are using and in their "home" folder.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17