[Rake-devel] Plans for 0.8.2 release

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Sat Sep 6 12:02:54 EDT 2008

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Jim Weirich wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Jim Weirich wrote:
> > The code base for 0.8.2 release is mostly feature complete.  I'm going to
> > review the code for ruby 1.9 compatibility before the final release.
> > However, if you want to try the latest beta for ruby 1.8, you can pull the
> > beta gem from GitHub.  The latest version is at the moment.
> An beta is on the github server at the moment.  I would really
> appreciate it if a windows user could grab that version and verify that the
> system dir stuff works on a windows box.  If I can get someone to verify that,
> I'll cut a new release.

I don't mind running a test for you, but I'm unfamiliar with github,
so URLs of zip|7z|tar files would be good.  Have you got specific
tests in mind that you want done (I've not been following closely of

When you say windows, what ruby do you want?  The One Click
installer still seems to be on 1.8.6 and hasn't experienced the
security updates of late, AFAICT.  If I had a working MS compiler on
here I'd offer to build a new one, but I don't.  I do have cygwin on
here and a more recent ruby as a result.

I probably can't test on Solaris any more, but if I find I can I'll
let you know.