[Rake-devel] Plan for 0.8.4?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 14:58:57 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Jim Weirich <jim.weirich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Luis Lavena wrote:
>
>> Hello Jim,
>>
>> 0.8.3 is giving some headaches to Windows users, and I'm catching all
>> the fire related to it.
>>
>> There is something needed for us to wait for 0.8.4?
>> (maybe I should run all the test locally and get back to you)
>>
>> Please let me know, I have some free hours to spare on OSS this week.
>
> Sorry, I've been distracted away from rake for the past couple of weeks.
>  I've applied the "env" patch to packagetask and committed that to the repo.
>  Are there any outstanding windows issues to be addressed?  If not, I can
> cut a new release.

I just addressed some corrections in my fork (under windows branch):

http://github.com/luislavena/rake/tree/windows

Basically:

Consider MinGW also as valid Windows platform, which improves the
support for upcoming one-click installer based on it:
http://github.com/luislavena/rake/commit/49b669ed72891a2a891be31cb8fdde9e54e950c5

Reordered how Rake find system-wide Rakefile (HOME,
HOMEDRIVE+HOMEPATH, APPDATA and then USERPROFILE)
http://github.com/luislavena/rake/commit/5813a2ad0e2d277a97e7b84fb9995bf7cb30676c

Corrected some mocks during Win32 tests that generated some errors
when executing test under Windows:
http://github.com/luislavena/rake/commit/e2a1cb2d766a1dfc503fd5ac0ba1cdbd48b25112
http://github.com/luislavena/rake/commit/fd75a2c9f27c7655cdc5fccb1b8b0a34ba025d97

Corrected some tests and made them platform specific:
http://github.com/luislavena/rake/commit/c7f5273ef87e959ff643d6fc752bc0bdb5d9c57c

Make Rakefile matching really case insensitive:
http://github.com/luislavena/rake/commit/23275bc752cdc62c50ed79adbe3367acda905cf2

Most of those are just to remove the noise around executing test under Windows.

I needed to patch that to be able to work and release on other
packages like DataMapper, Merb, Hoe, ParseTree and RubyInline.

The one pending thing I noticed is how system with multiple args is
working, which I believe I'm missing something from this thread:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rake-devel/2008-September/000581.html

And some questions from me here:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rake-devel/2008-October/000601.html

Thank you again for your time.