[Rake-devel] Status of Rake for Windows?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 14:04:13 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 3:15 AM, Jim Weirich <jim.weirich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wanting to get a new release of rake out soon.  IIRC, there were some
> windows compatibility issues that some people on the list were evaluating.
>  What's the status of the current code base on windows?  Is it ready to go?
>  Does it need more tweaking.

Hello Jim,

Based on current master branch at github:

http://github.com/jimweirich/rake/tree/master

Yet still, we see the skipped tests based on system() call:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rake-devel/2008-November/000648.html

I got lost in that thread, so will be good James could summarize his
findings and what will be the alternative to move forward on this
topic.

Keep in mind that is not only Windows broken under this situation but
also Jruby AFAIK.

Any jruby user that could provide more feedback will be appreciated too.

> Thanks to everyone who is looking into this.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17