[Rake-devel] Building native extensions with Rake

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 02:46:05 EST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 12:52 PM, Luis Lavena wrote:

> Jim: would you bless this work to be included into Rake itself? Right
> now is been driven by features (Cucumber) and specs, but I could
> change that and add TU if is a requirement.

Sorry, I've been under the weather the past few days and am behind in

In principle, I support getting this kind of thing into rake.  I won't
comment on the specifics of this proposal until I get a chance to look
it over.  From the discussion, it sounds like people with more
experience in native extensions than me are already providing feedback.

Regarding cucumber/specs, you can use what you like, but if its going
to be part of rake, I will expect it to use Test::Unit.

-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com