[Rake-devel] Building native extensions with Rake

Steve Sloan steve at finagle.org
Tue Nov 18 15:19:00 EST 2008

Luis Lavena wrote:
> I'm working on a series of tasks that ease the compilation of Ruby C
> Extensions with Rake. The goal of these tasks are ease the building
> and compilation of Ruby C extensions, also looking into be
> merged/integrated into Rake.

I too would like to see a standard, cross-platform method for building Ruby extensions.  For what it's worth, I have an existing
collection of build tasks for Rake (extensions, SWIG, RPMs, etc.) packaged as a Gem (rake-tasks).  It's probably somewhat
Unix-specific, but if you're interested, the code is here:  http://rake-tasks.rubyforge.org/git?p=rake-tasks.git;a=tree

-- Steve