[Rake-devel] Building native extensions with Rake

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Tue Nov 18 14:27:50 EST 2008

Hi,

Do you think mkmf2 could be made to do the job? Or is it an evolutionary
dead end?

> > Porting distutils may be the answer, though. You volunteering? ;)
>
> With the amount of time I've spent figuring out how to
> compile Ruby c extensions on C, I should have just started
> with that :)
>
> As much as it would be interesting, I'm not volunteering.
> libxml-ruby, libxslt-ruby and ruby-prof are taking all my
> open source cycles at the moment.

It might be worth starting a RubyForge project anyway, recruit a few
people, get a few people testing and so on.

BTW, this looks like a current reference, yes?

http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/dist/dist.html

Regards,

Dan