[Rake-devel] FileList#exclude and globbing patternsl

Ittay Dror ittay.dror at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:54:19 EST 2008

Jim Weirich wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2008, at 6:28 AM, Ittay Dror wrote:
>> When using FileList#exclude with a globbing pattern, it uses Dir[pat]
>> to get all files matching the pattern and then adds them to an ignore
>> list which is then converted to a regular expression.
>>
>> This process is very slow. Why not use File.fnmatch?
>
> Good question.  The biggest reason is probably that I'm not familiar
> with fnmatch.
>
> Want to supply a patch?

sure. i get an error page trying to access
http://github.com/jimweirich/rake/tree/master, do you know why?

do you object to removing the use of exclude_re and matching regular
expressions one by one? it will simplify the code and i don't think
performance is crucial for FileList#excluded?

ittay

Ittay Dror <ittay.dror at gmail.com>