[Rake-devel] Question about system call and multiple arguments.

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:59:00 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Assaf Arkin <assaf at labnotes.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  RUBY = File.join(Config::CONFIG['bindir'],
>> Config::CONFIG['ruby_install_name'])
>>  RUBY << Config::CONFIG['EXEEXT'] unless RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /java/
>>  RUBY.sub!(/.*\s.*/m, '"\&"')
> For multi-argument, the first argument is a file name, so you don't have to
> worry about spaces, and adding quotes will fail finding that file.
> Assaf

The problem is that the same RUBY definition is used for both single
argument or multiple arguments system calls. without quotes single
arguments calls with ruby located in directories with spaces.

The following are the results:

Previously test_ruby second part was skipped under java, now is
generating this issue.

I'm still not convinced, since jruby do other tricks behind the scenes
that I'm not completely getting (is performing env shell expansion all
the time.

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams