[Rake-devel] Bug? Shell output does not get printed in latest Rake releases

Hongli Lai hongli at phusion.nl
Sun Nov 2 05:01:40 EST 2008

Jim Weirich wrote:
> I've check the behavior for as far back as I could run with the current
> version of Ruby (version 0.7.3 from april of last year), and the verbose
> behavior is consistent with today's behavior.
>
> I suspect that verbose was the default in early versions of rake, and
> the options comment was never updated when that changed.
>
> I'm leaning toward removing the "default" from the option description
> and keeping the current behavior.  Do you have any problems with that?

Actually, yes. I'm used to be able to see what Rake's actually doing. At
this moment I end up typing '-v' manually. I'm using Rake as Phusion
Passenger's build system. C++ source compilation can take a while (a
minute or 2) and it's kinda annoying not to be able to see the compiler
commands that are being invoked.

--
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: info at phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)